Kino is a small web based RSS feed creator. It was made as a backend to these articles.
- Part 1: Design and architecture
- Part 2: Dependency injection with Unity and XML configuration
- Part 3: Structured unit testing
- Part 4: Keep yourself covered with NCover
- Part 5: Easy error handling with ELMAH
How to get started with this source code
Step by step
- Open up the Kino.sln file in Visual Studio 2008
- Make sure that Kino (web project) is marked as StartUp project
- Open up Unity.config inside Kino project and edit line 57 with a directory that contain movies
<value value="C:\Movies" type="System.String" />
- Press F5, (or whatever key you have bound to "Run project")
- Click the link RSS Movies on the webpage
Study the code.